There is a waiting list for an allotment but anyone interested in having an allotment should contact the Clerk to be placed on the waiting list. There is a yearly rent payable for an allotment based on its size.
Allotment holders are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The Tenant shall not do or suffer to be done upon the said land or any part thereof any act or thing which shall or may be or become a nuisance, damage, annoyance, or inconvenience to the Council or their tenants, or the owners or occupiers of the adjoining premises, or the neighbourhood.
- The Council or their officials or agents shall be entitled at any time to enter and inspect the said lands.
- The Tenant shall not underlet or part with the possession of the said land or any part thereof without the consent, in writing, of the Council first obtained.
- The tenancy may be terminated on any first day of any month by either party giving to the other twelve months previous notice in writing.
- If the said rent or any part thereof shall be in arrears for twenty one days, or if there shall be any breach by the Tenant of any of the terms and conditions herein contained, the Council may re-enter on the said land without giving any notice to quit and expel the Tenant therefrom.
- The Tenant shall and will upon termination of the tenancy quietly deliver up the said land in such a state and condition as the same ought to be in, having regard to the terms and conditions hereinbefore contained.
- In the event of the land being required for building, mining or any other industrial purpose, or for roads or sewers necessary in connection with any of those purposes, then the Council shall be at liberty after three months previous notice in writing to the tenant to re-enter upon the said land and the tenancy hereby created shall cease and determine.
- The Tenant must keep their plot of land in a neat and tidy condition.
- The Tenant shall not keep animals, poultry, ducks, pigeons, or other livestock in or upon the said land without written approval of the Council.
- That the Tenant duly paying the said rent and performing and observing the terms and conditions hereinbefore contained, may peaceably hold the said land during the tenancy without any lawful interruption by the Council or any person rightfully claiming under them.